Welcome to the home of the Open Knowledge Foundation’s Working Group on Open Data in Linguistics.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote the idea and definition, as specified in opendefinition.org of open data in Linguistics and in relation to language data.
- Act as a central point of reference and support for those interested in open linguistic data.
- Facilitate communication between researchers from different communities that use, distribute, or maintain open linguistic data.
- Serve as a mediator between providers and users of technical infrastructure.
- Build and maintain an index of open linguistic data sources and tools that link existing resources.
- Assemble best-practice guidelines and use cases concerning creating, using and distributing data.
- Gather information on legal issues surrounding linguistic data to the community.